Laminated full front page from 1980 Daily News about the notoriety and initial cancelling of the Calvin Klein " Nothing comes between me and my Calvin's "TV spot involving 15 year old Brooke Shields. 13 1/2 by 17 1/2 perfect for anyone interested in fashion
This rare piece should never be sold for anything less than $135 and could be sold for more
Scroll down larger right hand column to see larger picture.
Early Photo Lithography 1880 - The Sheik's Daughter $275
A Statement Piece like many of our others
Cranky cats by Cythia Schmidt - Matted - $24 ( Many different prints available)
One of our best sellers, Hand hammered aluminum bread pans, with different sayings and designs such as "If you're lucky enough to Irish, your lucky enough". (Also Italian version) " Give us this day our daily bread" in 91 languages. Many different designs with wheat, art deco and other designs.
THIS COULUMN HAS
A place for creators,schools,art & cultural organizations,libraries,and people that want to buy local quality art,jewelry & more.
Opportunities & Initiaitives
1. Peter Svoboda, CNY Artists Gallery Owner, and 7 time national award winner wants to know " Who Wants To HelpBuild theWorld's First REALCreative & Knowledge BasedRegion right Here in CNY?
We are now affiliates with the Lynda.com learning website. There are lots of great tutorials on everything from computer programs to business management. Click the link and support CNYartists.com while you learn!
WhichMembership Level Is Best For Me ?
Free Trial Membership Offer!
To help you get familiar with the site, and how it can benefit you, we offer you a FREE three month (60 day) Non-Selling Membership, which is absolutely FREE. Because of the large amount of spam on the internet we have recently had to change this, so now you will need to have your membership approved.
After 60 days, you will be sent an email asking if you would like to become a paying member at that time. But don't wait for that! Visit the Join page and select the level you wish to participate at!
Hank and Frannie don't seem to be able to live together anymore. After a five-year relationship, lustful and dreamy Fanny leaves down-to-earth Hank on the anniversary of their relationship. Each one of them meets their dream mate, but as bright as they may seem, they are but a stage of lights and colours. Will true love prevail over a seemingly glamorous passion? Welcome to Coppola's Broadway-like romantic musical.
One From the Heart was panned by the critics for weak story line, but praised for it's innovative cinematic eye candy in 1982 and for its cinematic score by Tom Waitts and Crystal Gayle. . Click on Review to see what critics have said. And here's a trailer to give you an idea of the film.
<p><a target="_self" href="http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/407332789?profile=original"><img src="http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/407332789?profile=original" class="align-center" width="374" /></a> Hair – The Original 1979 Screen Adaptation Movie Friday Feb 11 – 7:30 pm Palace Theathre Eastwood Adults $ 8 Students $ 6 - A look AT THE Age of Aquarius if you weren’t there ... Here's the trailer.</p>
<p><img src="http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/407333557?profile=original" class="align-right" style="padding: 1px;" width="310" /></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 18px;"><span style="letter-spacing: 0.0px;"><b>One From the <span style="color: #ff2712;">Heart</span><span style="font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 18px;"><span style="letter-spacing: 0.0px;"><b> </b></span></span> </span></b></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 18px;"><span style="letter-spacing: 0.0px;"><b><span style="font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal;"><span>(<a href="http://www.imdb.com/year/1982/"><span>1982</span></a>) </span></span><br /></b></span></span></p>
<p><span>Hank and Frannie don't seem to be able to live together anymore. After a five-year relationship, lustful and dreamy Fanny leaves down-to-earth Hank on the anniversary of their relationship. Each one of them meets their dream mate, but as bright as they may seem, they are but a stage of lights and colours. Will true love prevail over a seemingly glamorous passion? Welcome to Coppola's Broadway-like romantic musical.</span></p>
<p>One From the Heart was panned by the critics for weak story line, but praised for it's innovative cinematic eye candy in 1982 and for its cinematic score by Tom Waitts and Crystal Gayle. . Click on <a target="_blank" href="http://www.boston.com/movies/display?display=movie&id=5066">Review</a> to see what critics have said. And here's a trailer to give you an idea of the film.</p>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx TO ALL ARTISTS, CREATORS & THOSE INTERESTED IN ART & CULTURE
HOW TO CREATE AN ENRICHED “ MY PAGE ” & Connect with other Members
Welcome to CNY Artists, the following will tell you how to choose your settings ( which you can always change),
and how to build a good “My Page” that tells about you, whether you are an artist, creator or a person who is just interested in staying in touch with what is happening with arts and culture in central New York, or one who is looking to buy from local creators. It also tells you how to invite other members to be friends so you can send them private messages.
A. Signing In and Choosing Settings ( takes about 10-20 minutes)
1. Sign Into the Site on the right hand side of the page or at the top right
2. On the box on the right hand side of the page Click on “Settings
3. On the left hand side of the page that comes up do the following
Profile You will be on Profile – Upload a picture of yourself or something that represents you,
You don’t want to have just that gray silhouette.
4. Click on Privacy – choose your initial privacy settings – everything can be changed,
choose your initial settings for visibility and moderation
5. Click on Email – pick your initial settings - everything can be changed
6. Click on My Page – put your cursor on and click Appearance and pick your color scheme or leave as is
7. Click on Connections – if you Twitter – you may want to connect your Page To Twitter
B. Enriching You’re My Page ( Takes about an hour or more depending on what you want)
1. Click on My Page at the Navigation Bar at the top
That will take you to your own My Page
2. For the FIRST Blog, go to the right hand side, click on Quick Add pull down arrow and then in your first blog put some content to tell about yourself, and click on save or post. This is a good way to have something that introduces you and you can change this at any time, by going back to that blog, choosing it and then choosing edit post. The title of your first blog can be something like About Me, My Mission . etc
3. Create a second Blog Post – From now on you will find the “Add a Blogg at the bottom left of all your blog posts. You can also always add a blog by going to Blogs at the top navigation bar and this will automatically be added to you’re my page In this second blog you can put in a picture there of your work, a title, the size,( acrylic, oil pencil) price etc, then another picture, tile size, etc, I recommend you keep this to 3-10 pictures of your work. If you have your own site or an etsy site you can also link to that but should show some pictures of your work and prices to let the reader know about what they will find if they click on your link.Doing it this way will also give me the chance to Feature your work on the front page.If you are do not have work to show feel free to talk about anything that interests you, questions you might have, or go out and shoot an event and put pictures on a blog and we will put it on the main page if it will of interest to the members and give you credit etc
4. Many people have been putting their pictures or photos under photos and that is ok,
but It is better if you arrange a blog with words and 3-10 or more ( up to 3 pictures) that I can feature
If you are just adding photos under photos, it is best if you create albums, with names
so you can find and use them at the appropriate time
5. Remember you can drag and arrange the items on you’re My Page, by putting your
cursor on the Heading of the Blog, Videos, Photos, Profile, etc, Cross Arrows will appear and you can drag it to where you want it. So, have your first blog at the top that will always be there, and then add successive blogs under it. Try to make successive blogs little showcases. While your blog can be as long as you want, remember that it is better to give viewers something captivating, short and easy to see and view..You may have 5,000 photos, but no one will want to wade threw 5,000 photos
6. On the other hand ,if you are covering an art show, or some other activity, take pictures and put them under photos, once again, the best way is in an album, and we will make a slide show out of it and put it on the main page.
A little practice and trial and error will go a long way in empowering you in your ability to show, connect, etc
C. Learn how to connect by asking someone to be a friend. After that, you will be able to send them a private message, and they will be able to communicate privately with you. There are several ways to do this. One way is to .find someone you want to know by clicking on a person’s name on a page such as the front page, their page will come up and then clicking on Add as a friend which will send them an invitation to connect. You can also add a member by going to Members in the navigation bar at the top, and then finding a member you want to connect with
And then under their picture click on add as a friend which will send an invitation. Once they accept, you will be notified, and then you can communicate with them privately
Always REMEMBER TO SAVE or publish
HAVE FUN - THIS CAN BE REALLY FUN. The more you do it the more empowered you will be and the more fun you will have
We ARE HOPING THAT THIS PAGE WILL HOLD ITS FORMATTING,
OUR APOLOGIES IF IT DOES NOT – THERE ARE STILL BUGS TO WORK OUT