You Need To Know

READ THIS !

This site is being sponsored by CNY Creators and Pinnacle International Center, a 501 C3 non profit that has an office and other facilities at the South Side Innovation Center. The President of Pinnacle is Peter Svoboda, who is also the curator of the 3rd floor Gallery/Maker and Event space  named " The Station" at the historic train station at 400 Burnet, at the corner Catherine and Burnet. Our goal is to have positive inputs in the culture and in people's lives. If you join the site you will have your own page and can have photos and connect to others. You will also receive emails and updates that may be of interest to you. IF NOT ALREADY A MEMBER JOIN BY GOING TO THE JOIN TAB. THERE IS NO COST TO JOIN.

Videos

• Add Videos

A place for creators,schools,art & cultural organizations,libraries,and people that want to buy local quality art,jewelry & more.

Photos

• Add Photos

Art Available - Gallery 1

Hope by Ron Warford, 40' x 30 " Graphite on Black Board, Framed 
Mr. Warford's work was selected by the Smithsonian Institution for a national traveling exhibition in 1973. He was one of the initial founding and teaching members at the Folk Art Gallery in Syracuse. His work spings from his imagination and is masterfully executed. Tel (315) 391-5115 for more info or to purchase. One of the presidents of a local art guild referred to Ron's work as  "master works" for their power and quality.

Strength , by Ron Warford. 20 " X 30"  

Home is Where the Hearth Is by Jaws. This piece took 600 hours. Amazingly, to produce this the artist had to put the snowflakes  in first on a white fine piece of paper and then build everything around it. Think about it - this amazing work, and other pieces of the artists work can be seen at CNY Artists Gallery, which purchased this piece in 2013.

Dream Horse by M. Smart

Hi folks!

Are there any plein air painters here?  I'm just getting started in it and would like to hear your experiences.  I'm part of the Eastern Hills Artists Community and there are a few of us who go out on Saturdays to paint (not recently since it has been raining almost every Saturday).  A few questions:

1. Are there other plein air groups out there in CNY? 

2. Are there other plein air painters out there?

3. Would anyone be interested in joining us? 

4. What equipment do you use?

Thanks,

Yu-Ting

Views: 99

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Yu-Ting,

1. There are no official plein air groups that I know of in CNY,  although sometimes I go out painting with friends.

2. There is the Genesee Valley PAP group in Rochester and the Chenango PAP, both groups are well organized.

3. I'm interested in joining a local or nearby group that has a regular schedule, rain dates etc.

4. I paint in pastel so I carry my PA pastelbox with a tripod.

Adriana

Hi Adriana! 

Your pastel paintings are fabulous!  Do you happen to know Larry Schafer?  He's a pastelist too.  He's also teaching the Watercolor Workshop we're having next Wednesday. 

Thanks for confirming for me about the other plein air groups.  Dawn Hartigan is the artist that got us started.  She has painted en plein air for 2 years now but just started setting a schedule for Saturdays for this year.  We have mapped out the locations until October.  But some dates are TBD and we're trying to keep it casual - come and go as you please.  Sometimes people are available, sometimes not.  I've painted out by myself before and sometimes with others.  You can download our Summer schedule from our webpage: http://www.easternhills.org/content.cfm?id=527

We meet on Saturdays, 2 sessions, from 8:30 to 11am and 2 to 4:30pm.  I normally go in the morning since I have 2 little ones.  Some go for the whole day and bring a lunch.  We currently don't have rain dates.  When it rains, we just skip it.  But we are open to any ideas/locations to make this a better experience for local artists.  If you're interested, let me know.  Tomorrow is supposed to be at Onondaga Park.  But I will be out of town.  If you want to make sure someone is there, you can email Dawn at dhartigan2@mac.com.

I would love to meet you in person (or any other artists who are reading this thread).  Maybe I'll see you next Saturday?  It's going to be at the zoo (my husband and kids are going to love this one)!  :)

Yu-Ting

Adriana Meiss said:

Hi Yu-Ting,

1. There are no official plein air groups that I know of in CNY,  although sometimes I go out painting with friends.

2. There is the Genesee Valley PAP group in Rochester and the Chenango PAP, both groups are well organized.

3. I'm interested in joining a local or nearby group that has a regular schedule, rain dates etc.

4. I paint in pastel so I carry my PA pastelbox with a tripod.

Adriana

I am planning on putting on a Show here at Shoppingtown entitled something like " Pastels - the Most Vibrant Color ' Please have people contact me at 391-5115 - I am looking for 100 or more pastel works.

Thank you, Peter 391-5115

Hi Yu-Ting,

I am interesting in joining your group some Saturday, perhaps, haven't done it in a long time.  Does your group have any days during the week they meet for plein air painting during the summer?  I try to meet with a figure drawing group at Delavan Center on Saturdays 10-1pm and have been off schedule for that the last few weeks. 

Hi Adriana,  Just saw your reply,  interested in a day during the week for plein air painting sometime?

Joyce

Hi Joyce! 

We always welcome company on our plein air trips!  It's too bad that you can't always make it on Saturdays.  I think most of us work during the week.  And I have two little ones so I can't do it unless my husband takes care of them - which means Saturday.  If you decide to join us one of these Saturdays, email me.  You can also go to http://www.easternhills.org/go/artist to see our Summer schedule.  We also have other events going on too.  This Saturday's location is at the zoo.  I'm planning on making it a family trip.  So I'm going to paint while my husband walks around with my kids.  :)

Yu-Ting

Yu-Ting Feng said:

Hi Joyce! 

We always welcome company on our plein air trips!  It's too bad that you can't always make it on Saturdays.  I think most of us work during the week.  And I have two little ones so I can't do it unless my husband takes care of them - which means Saturday.  If you decide to join us one of these Saturdays, email me.  You can also go to http://www.easternhills.org/go/artist to see our Summer schedule.  We also have other events going on too.  This Saturday's location is at the zoo.  I'm planning on making it a family trip.  So I'm going to paint while my husband walks around with my kids.  :)

Yu-Ting

Thank you Ty-Ting, I will try some Saturday soon.  Best, Joyce

RSS

© 2024   Created by Peter Svoboda.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service