You Need To Know

READ THIS !

This site is being sponsored by CNY Creators and Pinnacle International Center, a 501 C3 non profit that has an office and other facilities at the South Side Innovation Center. The President of Pinnacle is Peter Svoboda, who is also the curator of the 3rd floor Gallery/Maker and Event space  named " The Station" at the historic train station at 400 Burnet, at the corner Catherine and Burnet. Our goal is to have positive inputs in the culture and in people's lives. If you join the site you will have your own page and can have photos and connect to others. You will also receive emails and updates that may be of interest to you. IF NOT ALREADY A MEMBER JOIN BY GOING TO THE JOIN TAB. THERE IS NO COST TO JOIN.

Videos

• Add Videos

A place for creators,schools,art & cultural organizations,libraries,and people that want to buy local quality art,jewelry & more.

Photos

• Add Photos

Art Available - Gallery 1

Hope by Ron Warford, 40' x 30 " Graphite on Black Board, Framed 
Mr. Warford's work was selected by the Smithsonian Institution for a national traveling exhibition in 1973. He was one of the initial founding and teaching members at the Folk Art Gallery in Syracuse. His work spings from his imagination and is masterfully executed. Tel (315) 391-5115 for more info or to purchase. One of the presidents of a local art guild referred to Ron's work as  "master works" for their power and quality.

Strength , by Ron Warford. 20 " X 30"  

Home is Where the Hearth Is by Jaws. This piece took 600 hours. Amazingly, to produce this the artist had to put the snowflakes  in first on a white fine piece of paper and then build everything around it. Think about it - this amazing work, and other pieces of the artists work can be seen at CNY Artists Gallery, which purchased this piece in 2013.

Dream Horse by M. Smart

I have been painting for many years and one of the hardest things for me to perfect is pricing. I can spend as much time pricing a piece as I have spent creating it. I am constantly looking for articles and trying to find a logical and consistent way to price my artwork. I recently found a way that is both and I am comfortable with. I am price work by the square inch. Has anyone used this method? What are your thoughts?

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have had some other inquiries on this and I think we can have a focused discussion on this. I think it is very hard for anyone to price their work, I am hoping CNYArtists can lend a hand in this. Right now we are trying to arrange the new space in Shoppingtown  thank you for bringing this up. Peter
I have not priced much, as I never offered items for sale. However, I am in a turning club which has members that build items to sell. Club as a show and tell table at monthly meetings. Members are encouraged to bring samples of thier work to display at meeting and give a short talk on piece (items for sale generally have artist asking price). Good way compare your work and prices. 
Mari, I have worked on a 4" x 6" etching for 3 months and then sometimes a very large piece will pull together quickly.  I suggest going to Art/Craft  Festivals this summer and galleries in Buffalo, Rochester and Skaneateles to compare and contrast the quality of your paintings to what is out there to get an idea of pricing. Much of a pieces value, along with size and time calculated is subjective.  If you do it by the square inch, your truley most successful pieces (you KNOW which ones they are :) )  will have the same price as your LEAST successful ones (You know which ones those are too! :) )  You will see some pricing ideas at the Art on the Porches event.  Have you requested an application to participate in the Show yet?  Please email me at elizabethandrewsstudio@gmail for me to forward you one if you hav'nt yet.  Peter is coming , so is Izzy Duggar and John Lathrop.

Pricing - there are all sorts of pricing - cost plus, value pricing, premium pricing. And then there are pricing strategies skimming, milking, defensive, etc etc. When it comes to pricing art I believe one has to start with the following -  the price is determined by what price  the seller is willing to sell and the buyer is willing to pay to buy. I don't believe that artists in many cases can price their artwork - they are too close to it. Having said all that

I believe that we can help Mari and many other artists sell more of their work and also increase their prices by employing specific marketing and merchandising strategies. That is one of the values and skill sets I am trying to bring to the table.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Peter Svoboda.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service